The Best Crete Holiday Excursions
If you are in a look for Crete holiday excursions there are a couple of things that you should learn first about Crete. You can find a variety of activities on this beautiful island with sandy beaches, turquoise waters and fascinating archaeological history spread all over the island. In Crete there is something to see or do for every type of traveler.
There are a lot of excursions that Crete offers to tourists but the top 5 that you should definitely visit are:
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos – to visit this amazing palace full of history and culture you will have to make a two hour drive from Heraklion on the road to Archanes.
- The Samaria Gorge – this is the longest gorge in Europe and it is incredibly amazing. It has nine miles but you won’t even have time to get tired with the breath taking scenery that you will encounter.
- The Volcanic Island of Santorini – this is not in Crete but it is an excursion that you can book from Crete. It will be a 3 hour boat trip each way and once you get there you will also go on a bus tour of the island and stop for shopping and eating.
- The island on Elafonissi – this is probably one of the most amazing places that you can visit. It has unique beaches with pink sand and turquoise waters and you will be surrounded by nature because you won’t find any hotels or bars here.
- The Cretaquarium – is a destination that should be on your list. This is a modern sea water aquarium where you will have a lot of interesting things that you can see and learn. You will never forget your visit to this state-of-the-art complex.
There are so many Crete holidays excursions that you can go to and things that you can do that it will be very tough for you to decide. So either you’re a couple, a family or a group of friends you will find amazing things to do in Crete.
Book now sensatori crete all inclusive resort